I think it’s clever. Let’s “own” the DOT campaign, slogan and all and let’s actively participate in showing the world the many reasons why it’s more fun in the Philippines!
#ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines meme fever:
1. Select a photo showing the beauty of the Philippines
2. Create a clever caption (witty, as Jayvee Fernandez suggests)
3. Use Harabara Font which can be downloaded for free.
4. Share. Share. SHARE!
So, here’s what I have done using my own photos. Not commercial quality but hey…I had fun doing it! It’s addicting actually 🙂
- Follow traffic rules. Follow the law
- Always ask for an official receipt
- Don’t buy smuggled goods. Buy Local. Buy Filipino
- Speak positively about us and our country
- Respect your traffic officer, policeman & other public servants
- Throw your garbage properly. Segregate. Recycle. Conserve
- Support your Church
- During elections, do your solemn duty
- Pay your employees well
- Pay your taxes
- Adopt a scholar or a poor child
- Be a good parent. Teach your kids to love our country
« Love of neighbor, God’s Second Highest Commandment, is contained in each of these 12 Little Things. »
***Based on the Book 12 Little Things Filipinos Can Do To Help Our Countr by Alexander Lacson
the ultimate sacrifice
“It is not the setting aside of August 21 to commemorate the day of Ninoy’s assassination every year that makes him a hero…it is rather the sum of his selfless deeds that makes him so and gives meaning to August 21 as a celebratory occasion for the people to remind ourselves of the meaning of his life and especially of his epic death.”
Privilege Statement of Sen. Nene Pimentel at the Senate August 13, 2008
that spirit gave us our freedom back
Ninoy Aquino was relentless at claiming back the freedom that the Filipino has been robbed of, even if it took his life to do so. He gave it up so freely… because “The Filipino, is WORTH DYING FOR”!
28 years after his death, which remains to be unsolved up to this day.